Eastern PA ATD Chapter
Board Meeting Minutes
10 July 2015
ü Danny Carrion
o Andy Cook
o Erin DeStefanis
o Kate Jendral
o Lizabeth Kleintop
ü Karen Lubrecht
ü Marilyn Marles
ü Mary Frances Mika
ü Peggy Salvatore
ü Joan Zachary
The meeting was opened with the recording started at noon.
Welcome to day 183 of the year. At noon, we are half way through the year!
Action Item Status
- o Business Acumen results.– Joan – Attached separately.
- o Status of the Chamber Membership. - Peggy
- o Budget. – Karen – Proposed Budget in Appendix A. A link will be sent to vote yes/no on the attached proposed budget.
- o Chapter VP of Marketing – Welcome Danny Carrion to this position. He is a great addition to this board.
o Ad for VP of Membership - We have two people interested in this position and are talking with them. Joan and I will bring the results of the conversation to the group for further comments.
- o Audit status. – Mary Frances. - Scheduled for the week of July 20th.
- o Risk Assessment – Karen – in progress.
- · I have new form and am trying to repopulate it to be edited by the board moving forward.
VP and Director Reports
- o Chapter VP of Finance from Mary Frances Mika - Financial Report in Appendix B.
- o Chapter VP of Admin from Suzanne Wagner - Report in Appendix C.
- o Chapter VP of Communications from Pooja Rudra
- o Chapter VP of Marketing - Danny Carrion has just stepped into this position.
- o Chapter VP Membership and Volunteers – Position not yet filled.
- o Chapter VP of Programs and Events from Erin DeStefanis - Report in Appendix D.
- · EI is Emotional Intelligence.
- · At this point, I have not received a compilation of the suvey results.
- o Chapter VP of Pocono GIG from Kate Jendral – She has not reached out to me or the group to the best of my knowledge. I will try to reach out to her again to determine the status.
- o Chapter VP of Reading GIG from Position not yet filled -
- o Director of Best Practices for Interals SIG from Joan Zachary – The next meeting will be at BBraum. Joan will supply Mary Frances with the number of attendees for the meeting and the tour.
- o Director of Book Club from Joel Zingone.
- o Director of Consultants Forum SIG from Marilyn Marles
- · The last meeting was small but had a wonderful discussion as usual.
- · The July meeting will be held at Kutztown University due to a lack of air conditioning at the usual location.
- · Due to complications with the logistics for paying for the location, a decision about the Chapter contributing in order to keep the SIG a free event is still under consideration.
- o Director of eLearning SIG from Karen Lubrecht.
- · The July 20th meeting on active learning will be of interest to those beyond the eLearning community.
- o ALC - https://www.td.org/Members/Chapters/Chapter-Leader-Community/Leadership-Development/ALC-New
- · Please note the availability of Events Mobile App
- · At extended meeting, we decided to send the full board. (lodging 2/room and registration)
- · Dinner together on the chapter on Friday to debrief?
- · Please share your expectations of attendance and travel times. I would like to register at least a group of 5 by July 31 to take advantage of the discount. Please let Joan or me know your intentions. We can continue this discussion at atd-epa@googlegroup,com
- o Orientation of new board members.
- · Mary Frances has found someone who is interested in taking VP of Finance and would like to provide an orientation period at the end of this year.
- · We should consider holding the vote for Board positions online about mid-October to allow time for orientation and mentoring.
- · For the sake of time and those who are not in attendance, discussion continued in the online group.
- o CHIP report from Erin Murphy, Manager, Chapter Services of ATD - Report in Appendix E.
For the good of the group
- o Reminder: Reach out to me with any issues you have with your responsibilities for the next month or so. I do my best to help you find a solution.
- o Date and location of the next Board meeting
· 14 August 2015, noon – 1 pm
· online at:
Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (646) 749-3122
Access Code: 213-387-701
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 213-387-701
Meeting Adjourned at 12:39 pm
Minutes submitted by: Karen Lubrecht
See separate posting for Appendix